Pharmacokinetics is the quantitative measure of the fate of substances externally administered to a living organism. In preclinical drug discovery pharmacokinetic profiling is essential for the selection and characterization of new lead compounds and is used more specifically to determine the level of drug exposure needed for efficacy in animal disease models. Cephrim Biosciences offers a range of flexible and customized pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) profiling services for small molecules and biologicals and across a spectrum of therapeutic indications.
Pharmacokinetic (PK) Studies in Mice and Rats
- Fast turn around time
- Possibility for cost-effective small screening studies (“Mini-PK” study) and compound sparing protocols for the rapid assessment of new molecules
- Routine single or multiple dosing PK studies in various animal strains (normal or disease models)
- Routine short- or long-duration PK studies
- Routine dosing by multiple routes (e.g. oral, intravenous, intraperitoneal, subcutaneous, intramuscular, dermal, continuous infusion; plus special routes such as intracranial administration by stereotaxic injection or infusion)
- Bioavailability testing
- Dose proportionality studies
- Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) studies in normal animals or disease models
Cephrim Biosciences conducts PK studies according to the protocols specified by the client or alternatively we will design and propose protocols for our clients. Customized protocols are designed based on the requirements of a specific project, target or compound class. It is our goal to provide each of our clients with the level of support they need.